Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 2/3

Yesterday was an AWFUL day for me and my family, so I decided to skip the blogging. Nothing exciting happened with Day 2 of my Challenge, I got my fiber "drink" down with the help of applesauce. Other than that, days 2 and 3 were much the same as day 1. With the exception that today I actually feel awesome. I feel better than I have in a long, long, long time. I had one of my best workouts ever this afternoon, and I'm really starting to feel the positive effects AdvoCare is having on my mind and body.

The reason yesterday was so awful was not in any way related to my Challenge, but instead related to my sweet angel, Grayson. He was acting strange yesterday morning, just sitting on the couch staring at the television. Never said a word, which is VERY abnormal for him. When I asked him what he wanted for breakfast, he didn't answer me. So, I picked him up, and he started throwing up. Once he was finished he was a little upset and crying, so I took him to his room and laid him down to change his clothes. As I was changing him, I noticed his eyes starting to look strange, sort of like he was about to fall asleep. I started calling his name and nudging him, no response. At all. Not a movement, not a word, nothing. I picked him up, he was limp as a rag doll. After about 20 seconds he was back. Started whining because I was poking at him. I called my dad and asked if he could come take us to the ER (I was WAY too nervous to drive, and Taylor was working in Georgia). Once my dad got to the house, Grayson was just sitting on the couch, staring at the TV again. He didn't even acknowledge my dad, which again, is VERY odd. So, we took him to the ER. He did the "zoning out" thing several more times between the house, the hospital, and the actual ER room. The doctor said it looked like something called "absence seizures", which is just short 15-20 seconds of a "blank stare" type thing. They don't know that they're doing it, there's no confusion or anything once they "snap out of it", but for those few seconds, they are pretty much blank. So, they did an EEG on Grayson (thank God for my parents, because by that time, I was in full meltdown mode). He slept through most of it, and once it was finished they sent us home, with a follow up appointment scheduled for the next day with his regular pediatrician.

This morning at the follow up appointment, Dr. Elzie (BEST pediatrician in town, highly recomment him to anyone with little ones...we LOVE him) read the EEG results, which were all normal. He said that means that he was probably not having epileptic seizures, but that they still sounded like some sort of seizure. He referred us to a pedaitric neurologist, so now we are waiting for that appointment to be scheduled. Grayson hasn't had another "episode" since yesterday afternoon.

To say that I am completely overwhelmed by all of this doesn't quite cut it! I have been a nervous wreck since it all started, and still when I really think about all of it, I start crying and worrying all over again. I am doing my best not to research anything until after we see the neurologist, because I know that's going to freak me out even more. For now, it is a sort of wait-and-see thing. I'm praying my heart out, and appreciate all of the love, support, and prayers from everyone. There is NOTHING more heartbreaking than watching your child go through something like this, and not be able to do anything but "wait and see" what happens next. But, that's where we are now, and I know God won't give us anything we can't handle, even if it's hard to truly be at ease with just knowing that alone :/

No comments:

Post a Comment