Saturday, August 11, 2012

So much to cover!!

It's been a long time. About 5 months since my last posting. So much is going on in our lives ("our" being my family of 3), I feel like I need to start utilizing my blog again.

For starters, Grayson is 2 now. He is so much fun, growing so fast, talking way too much, and keeping Taylor and me on our toes CONSTANTLY. Being a mom to a super active toddler is hard work, time consuming, and well worth every second of it.

I've been working a lot, as I do most summers, when my boss is spending her summer months at the beach. For those of you who don't know, Grayson goes to work with me, so work is always stressful and crazy and interesting. I am beyond blessed that I've been given the opportunity to continue working with a company, and in a job, that I absolutely love, and still not have to give up precious time with my son. Not having to put Grayson in daycare has been HUGE for me. I struggled with the decision to do daycare and go back to work full time after he was born, or to just stay at home with him. Holley, Inc. made that decision for me when they offered me a part-time role in the job I had grown to love so much over the years, and allowing me to bring Grayson with me. I will be forever grateful for everything they have done for me and my family over the past 8 years that I've been with them.

I've got 3 semesters of classes left of school, and 1 semester of student teaching and I will be DONE!! I am beyond ready to close this chapter of my life. I made the decision after high school to go to work full time instead of going straight to college. The year I graduated high school, I met Taylor. Over the next 3 years, we fell in love, got married, and I got pregnant. I, in NO WAY, regret any of those decisions, but it has taken me a lot longer than I planned to finish my degree because of them. I will be so stoked when it's done!

In one of my very first blog postings, maybe even my very first posting ever, I remember writing about how I thought people on the health nut/fitness junkie bandwagon were crazy, and I just didn't get what the big deal was--just don't overeat and remain moderately active, and worry about the more important things in life. Well, I hate to admit it, but somehow I have jumped on the bandwagon and fallen in love with working out. I don't know how it happened, but I feel obligated to tell my story on this. In February, I decided, on a whim, (always happens like that...I'm the most random person I know!) to try a TRX class at Sweat Therapy Fitness. I had NEVER worked out a day in my life. The next day, I could not move. AT ALL. Every single muscle in my body hurt. I had to skoot out of bed, and I walked like I just got hit by a truck. It took a week for me to be able to walk normal again. I was hooked. I loved everything about the TRX classes, and started going regularly. I began to try the  other classes that Sweat had to offer, and fell in love with them all as well. You will now find me at Sweat 5-6 days out of the week. I'm in LOVE! I now have secret aspirations to become a TRX instructor, personal trainer, and Piloxing instructor :)  I tell you this part of my life because, A-my overall health, mood, energy level, sleeping habits, EVERYTHING have changed dramatically since I started working out. I'm a better person, mom, wife, worker, everything because of the positive effects Sweat has had on me. I owe them so much. Not to even mention the friends I've met there. I adore the owners, Kim and Brian, April, who has turned me into an awesome dancer (haha!), and Katie, who has become a super big part of my life. And B- because Sweat has also led me to another huge change in my life. I'm becoming a RUNNER! Which is absolutely crazy to me, since 5 months ago, I thought running was the dumbest thing on the planet. Somehow, again random, I decided one day that I was going to start the Couch to 5K program. Last week, I completed the program, and am now running 3 miles a few times a week. I wouldn't say I love it yet, but I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it. I am running in my first 5K on September 3rd. Next week I will start midway through the Couch to 10K program, and will be doing the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February 2013.

This all brings me to the newest adventure in Taylor's and my life. Since fitness has become such a huge part of my life, I find it silly that I haven't yet changed my eating habits, or the way that I treat my body on the inside. I called a friend of mine (Melissa) last week, who sells AdvoCare products, about maybe doing a cleanse. Somehow that led to dinner with Taylor and me, her and her husband (Willy). They have been using AdvoCare products for over 10 years now, and are walking, talking, real deal testimonials for the products. They talked to us about the products, which we had been researching on our own since my first call to her about the cleanse. We decided to do what they call the "24 Day Challenge" together (me and Taylor that is). We are so confident in how these products are going to change our lives, that we also decided to sign up as distributors for AdvoCare. This way, not only do we get discounts off of the products for the rest of our lives, but we have the oppurtunity to share the products and what they can do for people, with our friends and families. I decided to start blogging again so that I could publicly document my results with the 24 Day Challenge. My goal is to do a post every day, explaining what's happened that day, from what products I've taken, how I feel, what I've eaten, etc. My hope is that through reading my posts, someone else will decide to give AdvoCare a try, and that it will change their lives, too. You can visit our website here. If you have any questions, feel free to call me, e-mail me, text me, FB message me, whatever. I also will have several 24 Day Challenges on Tuesday, if you're interested in joining us on this journey, let me know. I would love to be able to post other people's results on this journey, as well as my own.  

Whew!! That was A LOT! I'm so excited about the things happening in our life right now. I can not wait to see what the next few months hold for us, and I will be sure to keep my blog up to date from now on! I promise!!

P.S. I've GOT to get a new cover picture, too! Look how little Grayson is! Here's a recent picture to compare...

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Look at you! Going big places and doing big things. So proud of you friend! I can't wait to read all future updates now that you've made a public promise that you'd keep up the blog. Muah!

    ReplyDelete