My baby turns 1 year old tomorrow. Every time I stop and think about it, I tear up. I just can't believe it's been a whole year already. I remember like it was yesterday, being pregnant, and the night before my induction. I remember, of course I couldn't sleep, but I just laid on the couch and cried. I was so not ready for him to get here, but still so ready for him to get out of me! I remember arriving at the hospital and feeling sick to my stomach. My delivery was a piece of cake, thanks to an amazing nurse and my Heaven on earth, more commonly known as an epidural. And I remember getting zero sleep in the hospital, and then bringing my Grayson home. And, this sounds so bad, but I remember the first two months or so of having him here, thinking "What did I do?! This is awful!!!"
But, things got better, as everyone said they would. I look at him now, and I could just explode with love for him. He melts my heart every single time I look at him. I am overwhelmed everyday with pride and happiness because I am Mommy to the most amazing, most handsome, most sweetest and cuddliest boy in the world. I thought for sure the love I have for Taylor could never be topped. But Grayson has knocked him down to second place in my heart (sorry, babe!). I can't imagine not having him in my life, and I can't imagine what I would do if anything ever happened to him. Sometimes I wish I could put him in a bubble, so that he could never get hurt, or heartbroken, or sick. I wish I could protect him forever, and that he'd always be happy just being my baby. However, I know that is not gonna happen. I want him to grow up, and be happy and healthy, and live a long full life. And I hope God allows me to be there for him for a LONG, LONG time. Being a mom is truly the greatest gift in this world.
I am also so excited about his birthday party on Saturday!! I can't wait! I am going to make sure that he loves his birthday every year, as much as I still love mine. Because, his birthday is now the best, most worthy day of celebration of the year!
Awe your birthdays are so close! Happy early birthday Grayson! I can't believe he's a year old already too...can't wait to ear all about his party!
ReplyDelete