So, here's how my weekend went down...
I will start with Thursday, since I was off work. Thursday, Grayson and I spent the day at St. George. My boss has a beach house there, and every summer, her daughter and her 3 kids come down from Atlanta for June and July. One week in June, the other daughter, who lives in Tallahassee, and her 2 kids also go stay, and Nancy, my boss, is there the majority of the summer. (Lucky ducky!) We had a blast playing in the water, something I rarely do at the beach, and in the sand. And the kids all loved playing with Grayson. We were there for 5 whole hours, which is much longer than the usual 2 or 3. Needless to say, I got a little sunburnt, but it was well worth it.
Friday, I went to work, and then had a hair appointment at 1:00. I colored my hair dark brown, but I HATE how long it takes for my hair girl, Anna (whom I LOVE oh so much, and everyone should go see!) to dry my hair, cause she always tries to style it and make it pretty, and I just don't have the patience for that. I'm a "let it air dry" kinda girl a.k.a LAZY. So, anyways, Friday night we went to Taylor's aunt and uncle's house for a small family get together they do every year. It was fun. They've got a lot of land, and a barn, and some horses and a donkey. So, it was fun watching Grayson run around with the other kids and pet the donkey (he was scared of the horses for some reason and wouldn't really touch them).
Saturday was my BFFs, Jennifer (since I was like 5 years old) son's first birthday party. We were pregnant together, and her little boy, Aden, was born exactly 1 week before Grayson. I've enjoyed watching them grow together over the past year, and I think it is so cool that we had our kids that close together. So they can grow up being BFFs like we did! Anywho, his party was at Blue Springs in Marianna. Grayson had fun playing in the water and the sand. And he and Aden and the other little boy that was there (who happened to be born on the same exact day as Aden) spent most of the time playing in the water spigot at the pavillion. When it was time for Aden to eat his cake, Jenn's sister pushed his head into the cake, and Aden started crying really bad. It was so sad! After they got him cleaned up, he passed out, and so he never did open his presents at the party. Poor guy! Besides getting eaten alive by all the ants, it was a blast, and Grayson was worn out when we left.
I mentioned my hair appointment from Friday because after I showered when I got home Saturday, I realized my hair was like 10 different shades of brown. Apparantly the color didn't take for some reason, so I called Anna in panic. She got me an appointment set up for Monday, and told me not to worry, that she'd make me pretty :)
Sunday, my parents wanted to keep Grayson, so we took him to their house around 1. Then we spent the day shopping, and buying stuff for Gray's birthday party. I almost cried. I'm not ready for him to be 1 yet!! I like him being my baby boy :( We got home from getting Grayson around 9, and he went straight to bed, as did Taylor and I.
It was a busy weekend, but I always enjoy my weekends with my family. I really miss Taylor during the week, so I look forward to spending the weekend with my 2 handsome guys :)
And now, ahhh, it is Monday again....
No comments:
Post a Comment